Apprenticeship (Advanced) Domestic Plumbing and Heating (Solar Thermal) Level 3
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification (NVQ), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating practical skills linked to the job
- A technical certificate, achieved at College, showing the theoretical knowledge relevant to the job
and other qualifications valued by employers such as:
- Functional skills, which show competency in English, maths or I.C.T applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
At College, candidates will study a technical certificate and functional skills in maths and English at Level 2.
Assessment is carried out both on and off site. Evidence form the workplace is collected and signed off by the work-based recorder and assessor.