Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to work as a general engineering technician.
This course not only prepares you for work, it also improves your promotion prospects and establishes a progression route to HNC/D in general or Electronic Engineering or university.
You will study 15 units, including seven mandatory units and eight specialist units chosen by the College.
• Engineering Principles
• Delivery of engineering processes safely as a team
• Engineering product design and manufacture
• Applied commercial and quality principles in engineering
• A specialist engineering project
• Microcontroller systems for engineers
• Calculus to solve engineering problems
You will complete an engineering project and be assessed through assignments and externally set written exams.
You must complete all units successfully to achieve your qualification.
Supported work experience will be arranged with your tutor.