Award in 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 2 (Evening)
This programme is designed for those with little or no previous experience of Computer Aided Design and who wish to gain basic understanding and ability. Some experience in the use of a computer and applications software would be advantageous. The course offers a basic working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D software. You can progress onto a 2D Level 3 and then a 3D Level 3 qualification. To start, you need experience in computer use/applications software.
The benefits of this course are:
- Provide students with skills and knowledge necessary to become competent users of AutoCAD software able to produce a wide range of drawings.
- Provide a nationally recognised qualification.
- Provide a progression route to a Level 3 CAD qualification.
- Capacity to download AutoDesk student version products for free.
The course offers a basic working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D software.
- Use associated IT and CAD hardware and operating system.
- Use basic file management techniques and maintain health and safety requirements.
- Use and identify key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment.
- Use a range of viewing commands and set up the drawing space.
- Use drawing commands to produce shapes.
- Use the CAD software's co-ordinate system to aid accurate drawing.
- Use hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines.
- Use basic editing commands and produce simple hard copies.
The course requires passing two practical assessments and one written short answer test.